Thursday, April 12, 2012

Wendi Zwaduk - Guest Blog

I'm pleased to have Wendi Zwaduk here today to talk about appearances - you know - those what you see isn't necessarily what you get kind!And just to get you in the right frame of mind - here's one of Wendi's steamy book covers. Hmm...I'm thinking all kinds of things here. First impressions and all...



Over My Head:

What happens when two opposites realise they have more in common than expected?
I’m a dancer…and a damn good one. I work at the Silver Steel Gentlemen’s Club. My hard and fast rule? No freebies and no office dating. Except for Slade. Hard, fast, slow, gentle...I don’t care. I’ll take him any way possible. But he’s not that into me.

Or so she thinks. I’m a bouncer at the Silver Steel. Astra doesn’t realise I see her—I can’t help myself. She captivates me every time she’s on the stage. I want her, but I have a...problem. I’m not at the Steel to pick up chicks or even work the room. I’m there to stop the influx of drugs into the community. Yeah, I’m a cop. But if the job means sampling the dancers... Well, as long as I keep my heart out of it, I’ll be fine.
I hope.

Reader Advisory: This book has a kick ass hero, a dancer with all the right moves, hot sex, a little mutual anal play for good measure and mention of drug use.

Now that we've got your interest....Take it away, Wendi!



You’re Not How You Look

Okay so I know that’s not the best way to title this post, but since Roz opened the door, I’m going to run full barrel right through it. First, I want to thank Roz for having me and the Strip Tease tour on her blog. I love coming here and love her topics even more.
She said, “The books in the Strip Tease series seem to have a common thread  - not everything, or everyone is exactly as they appear. Since I'm a firm believer that there's a little bit of the author in every book they write, what about Wendi is not as it appears?”
I saw this topic and laughed. Roz hit it right on the head. There is a lot about Wendi (me) that’s not as it appears.
When people first meet me, they think I’m quiet. They think I’m this shy, quiet, timid person. When I’m in a situation where I don’t know anyone I will be quiet initially. Why? I’m trying to figure out the climate of the room. Can I get away with being loud and having fun or do I have to be super professional? Once I figure that out, I tend to be more myself—not so quiet. I love to laugh and tend to make what some might consider off color jokes.
When I take my small person to school, that’s another thing. The parents see me and think I’m a rebel. If I’m in my comfy mode, I’m wearing my jeans, my Adidas kicks and either a hoodie (it gets cold in Ohio most of the time) or a quirky T-shirt—my Queen concert tee is my favorite. They see my clothes, and my blue tinted hair and my jeep with the Dirty Jeep Girl tire cover and think I’m some devil person. Oh, and it so happens that a dear friend of mine shouted to whoever happened to be listening in the foyer that I wrote erotic romance. Her words were, “You dirty girl writing that dirty, dirty romance.”
When I showed up for a meeting at the school dressed in an ankle-length skirt with my hair pulled back and a nice sweater, the monitor said, oh, you do clean up.
I’ve got another story about how people see me and how I am that involves my best friend. We’d gone to a con and were talking, having a good time, you know... being ourselves. There wasn’t a lick of alcohol involved. But ask those who saw us? We were loud (kind of) and laughing a lot, so that automatically meant we were sloshed. And I even had a dress on at the time. So much for being prim.
Shrug. Prim isn’t my style anyway.
I am who I am and I don’t fib about it. I write as Wendi Zwaduk and Megan Slayer. I like to experiment in my stories. I hope you’ll all come along for my long, strange journey. :-)
Thanks Roz. What about you? What’s something about you that people think they know and really don’t?



When You're With Me

A topless dancer and a cynical cop doesn’t equal a lifetime love...or does it?

    There’s more to Jude Nelson than just a sequined thong. She’s got big dreams to become an artist. There’s one tiny wrinkle in her plan—she’ll never forget the bloody image of her friend’s battered body in the dumpster.
   
   Who can a nude dancer turn to for help? Certainly not a hardened undercover cop...

    Detective Drew Alwyn is on the case to find out who murdered his good friend and fellow officer. But the moment he sees Jude, he can’t look away. He has to decide which is more important—his dedication to his job or the girl who holds his bruised and battered heart.
    
   Will these two opposites come together to solve the case or will their desire consume them?


 This story contains scenes of bondage, mentions of drug use by secondary characters, silk, sequins and art supplies used in foreplay, voyeurism and a little spanking for good measure.


Meet Wendi-


I always dreamed of writing the stories in my head. Tall, dark, and handsome heroes are my favorites, as long as he has an independent woman keeping him in line. I tend to write books with titles taken from songs because music is one of my many muses.

I earned a BA in education at Kent State university and as well as a Masters in Education from Nova Southeastern University. I've tried my hand at teaching, waitressing, and retail sales, but writing holds my heart.

I love NASCAR, romance, books in general, Ohio farmland, dirt racing, and my menagerie of animals. I have more stories than my brain can handle percolating.  I can't wait to share them with you!

http://www.wendizwaduk.com
http://www.wendizwaduk.blogspot.com
http://www.facebook.com/wendi.zwaduk
http://twitter.com/#!/WendiZwaduk
http://www.manicreaders.com/WendiZwaduk/

And now...you, dear reader, have a wonderful opportunity to win a $10 Gift Certificate to Total-e-Bound! Wendi will draw one name from the comments on this tour - so be sure to comment here, then follow the tour to get your name in the hat again and again.



Click on the banner to follow the tour.

No comments:

Post a Comment